Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June 20, 2012 The Spirit of God...and the water was BURNING

Gabriele & Francisca

Me, Gabriele, Francisca, Andiano Mauldwin

The Subject line says everything.  This week has been a miracle hands down.  I would not ask for anything else to happen.  It went exactly the way that the Lord had planned it day one.  I am doing great and thank you so much all of you for your love and support.  Its really helping me be a better missionary to know that I have people that cant wait to hear from me and know what is going on here.  I look through my journal every wednesday to find a good story to tell you guys.  I dont want to dissappoint when it comes to the letters. 
Well boy do I have a good one.  It all starts with a lady and a man who never stop fighting but love eachother so much.  Francisca and Gabriele.  I dont know what to do with them.  I am just a missionary, not Dr. Phil.  I dont have a mustache, that is the only difference between us.  And I dont have his funny voice.  Anyways that doesnt matter.  Thursday night, I recieve a call at 1 in the morning from Gabriele saying that Francisca is just insane and she left him and all of that good stuff.  I didnt really know what to say other than good night.  I was really tired.  The next morning they are all good.  Things are just fine.  They love eachother.  Kind of confusing.  They are great.  Well they were completely ready for their baptisms to come.  Sunday rolled around and things were going great.  We got to the chapel where the baptisms were going to happen, in Como, after they bought us a gelato.  I mean, they werent members yet.  I guess Gelato on Sunday is ok....not really.  We will be talking to them about it.  Well anyways, we got there and the spirit was just super strong.  I was just so happy that things were going as planned.  The spirit was super strong.  Both of them were just crying and smiling the entire time.  It was so spiritual.  We got finished with the talks and the baptisms were to happen.  Its pretty hot here, like 95 degrees.  Well as I walked into the water, it was like BOILING!!  LIke hotter than a hot tub, I immediately started sweating.  But its okay.  Both of the baptisms went wonderfully.  It was such an honor to be able to use the priesthood and bring these people into the gospel and allow them to make the neccesary covenants with god.  It was a great day. 
Loretta didnt get baptized because her father is doing really bad.  He is having some major health problems so we are going to do the baptism on the 1st of July.  It should be great.  She still has the desire.  She knows everything is true.  She is just wanting to have her father get better.  Its going to be such a great day. 
Other than that, my mission is still flying by.  I love my companion, i love my city, I love my ward.  They just know what to do or what to make to make my day.  They all cook really well.  i am trying to branch out with my cooking so I can learn how to make all of these great foods.  I now that you are all requiring me to be some amazing Italian chef when I come home.  Lets just say this, I am learning ITALIAN LASSAGNA this week.  It really good.  I cant wait to cook the Italian meal, you wont be able to eat it all.  I know that for sure. 
Gelato here.  AMAZING.  Especially when you are really hot.  It just hits the spot.  I would be jealous if I were you.  HAHAHAH:  Just kidding.  I realize how blessed I am to be here.  I love ITALY!! 
I also love you all
Sending from LECCOOOOOO ITALY!!!
Anziano Treadway