Thursday, June 7, 2012

June 6, 2012

Okay.  So here it is again.  Another week.  Another email.  I am doing wonderful.  I love my mission and the way that things are going.  In Lecco let me just start by saying the Humidity is a killer with the heat.  Like sweating constantly is not something out of the ordinary here.   So stopping people to talk is like a sprinkler show on both parts.  So actually its not awkward at all.  Everyone is just sweating out of their minds.  Its not that big of a deal.  

But yes I did get a new companion.  His name is Anziano Mauldwin.  He comes from Florida, kinda, he left his mission from Utah and that is where he will be living when he gets back so its just a tad funny.  He went to school in Florida.  But he is really cool.  Always laughing.  Always having a good time.  He likes my stories a ton.  He iso studying to play the flute professinoally in school.  That is interesting.  I have had completely different people as my companions and I have loved them so much.  He is great.  He loves to cook so more power to him.  He is really good at it too.  He has been on his mission for about 1 year and 9 months.  He is almost done too.  Crazy stuff.  

FIRST BAPTISM IS ON SUNDAY!!!  We are having our first baptism on sunday in Como.  It should be really good.  That is the same day for Stake Conference so our whole ward will be there to support.  Loretta has really changed her life around to be able to baptized.  Its going to be such a good day for me.  I am completely humbled that she asked me to perform her baptism.  She told me that without my help she would not be at this point in her life.  She still laughs at us when we say Anziano because it literally means ELDER...old person but she is really doing well.  Just a couple more day.  And then, the week after that, Both Francisca and Gabriele will be baptized....and they asked me to do them as well.  Such an honor to be a part of these baptisms.  Its such a wonderful place here in Lecco.  I love the investigators that we are working with and the new people that we are finding every day is just amazing.  

One thing that i Have noticed and dont like.  Everyone here smokes their brains out.  Like literally.  They just smoke.  I have seen like 13 year olds smoking and it is just disguisting.  I just turn my head and hurt inside because they are starting themselves down this pathway that will just destroy them.  But I can only invite them to come unto Christ and that doesnt work.  I have been cussed out so many times by Ragazzi so we just walk by and dont say anything.  

I hope that everything is going well at home and with all of you in your different places.  I am so happy about being on a mission.  I have grown so much here.  Let me just bear my testimony.  I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  I have found so many answers to my questions.  It just is full of little things here and there that I didnt see at first.  The people here in Italy cant deny us when we use the Book of Mormon, if they say they are christian.  Because that is exactly what the Book of Mormon is.  The guide book for Christians.  I have grown so much.  I know that Thomas S Monson is the prophet on the earth today.  No one can tell me other wise.  I dont know anyone that would say having a prophet on the earth would be bad.  Its not.  We learn so much from him.  I am eternally grateful for the sacrifice of Jesus Christ so that I can kneel down and recieve forgiveness for my pitfalls and failures.  I would not be the person I am today without his example and without his help.  Read the scriptures. Learn how to pray.  God is waiting for us to talk to him.  He just wants to talk to us.  But we have to start the convo.  I love you all and all your wonderful examples.  Thanks so much for everything.  


Anziano Treadway...signing out.